Hot Topic for May
Motion, Notice of Motion and Proof of Service (POS)
- When e-filing a motion, notice and POS, be sure the last date to object on the PDF screen coincides with the date on your notice
- If e-filing the motion, notice, and POS as a single PDF, the motion must be the first document listed in your PDF
- Remember to select the next business day, if the last day to object falls on a weekend or holiday
- If you are making a separate entry for the notice and POS, remember to remove the date that is populated in the last date to object field.
- If the date is not removed after “Last day to file objections/Request for Hearing”, the language will appear in the docket text.
In March 2009:
- 929 Attorneys filed
- 8,957 pleadings electronically
- 51% of all pleadings filed
New Petitions filed by Electronic Case Filers:
- 93 % March 2009
- 94 % year to date
Electronic filing eliminates the need for most cover letters.
Help Desk Info:
Our ECF Technical Help Desk is available during regular office hours 8:00-4:30 M-F
We can be reached at:
(608) 264-5630 in Madison
(715) 839-2993 in Eau Claire