Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Wisconsin

   Home   |   ECF/PACER Login   |   Site Map   |   Feedback   |    Search

What's New


Court Info

Bankruptcy Info

Case Info

Filing & Fee Requirements

Local Rules & Forms

Local Rules




Related Web Sites

How to Submit a Claim

You Tube









File a Claim Electronically

  • Creditors are now able to file Proof of Claim forms for all chapters electronically. A CM/ECF login/password is not required.

  • The Submit a Proof of Claim form program contains a fillable Form B10 Proof of Claim. (Form B10 Instructions) Supplemental documentation to the claim may be attached. The attorney may file the proof of claim through the website, indicating, "filed by: attorney" or may obtain a live ECF login and password.

  • The address of the creditor is automatically added to the mailing matrix of a case when a proof of claim is filed to insure service of case-wide documents.

  • Amended Claims - Check the box indicating that the claim amends a previously filed claim. Select the court claim number.

  • The full name and title of a creditor or other person authorized to file a proof of claim must appear on the form. If a party other than the creditor is filing the proof of claim, the address of that party must be included. Filing a proof of claim electronically deems the claim signed by the creditor or authorized person.

Penalty for filing fraudulent claim: Fine of up to $500,000, imprisonment for up to 5 years or both. 18 U.S.C. §152 and 3571.

Submit a Claim


Frequently Asked Questions-Electronic Proof of Claims

Can I file an electronic proof of claim in any chapter case?


Do I need to attach the B10 form as an attachment?

No, the fillable form will create the B10 form. Any attachments should consist of supporting documentation to the POC.

When will the claim appear on the claims register?

The claim will immediately appear on the claims register upon submitting the proof of claim.

Can I get a file-stamped acknowledgemet of the Proof of Claim?

Yes, the Court's claim number will display with a link to the electronically file stamped proof of claim upon submitting the proof of claim. The claim will be file stamped as of the entry date. It is recommended that the claim is printed or saved at this time.

Will the Trustee and the Attorney for the Debtor be served with the Proof of Claim?

Yes, they will receive electronic notification of the claim filed. You do not need to file a separate paper claim with the Trustee's office.

I filed a claim and my attachments did not properly attach to the claim filed. How do I get the supporting documentation filed?
  1. Reformat the supporting documentation to an acceptable format. It may be necessary that you divide the PDF image into multiple attachments.
  2. File an amended claim and attach the correct PDF images.
  3. When filing an amended claim, check the box that designates that the claim is amended. Select the claim number of the claim to be amended.
  4. Attachments must be properly added by amendment as described. Amendments should not be attempted by faxing or mailing to the Trustee's office unless specifically requested.
Is a signature required on the Proof of Claim?

Yes. Type the name and title, if any, of the person authorized to file the claim on behalf of the creditor. A copy of the power of attorney, if any, should be attached to the claim. The filing of the claim electronically deems the claim signed by the creditor or authorized person.

I am a creditor's attorney and will be filing a claim on behalf of my client. How do I record the creditor address and my address as an attorney?

When filing the claim, there is a drop-down box on the first screen which allows you, the filer, to select who is submitting the claim. The options are: Creditor; Creditor's Attorney; Debtor; Debtor's Attorney; or Trustee. If the attorney is the filer, you will be able to add the attorney name, and address and select the creditor's name from the listing of creditors in the case or if the creditor is not listed or listed incorrectly, you are able to add the correct creditor. Both names and addresses will be added to the mailing matrix and displayed on the proof of claim and claims register.

I need to amend a claim. How do I do this?

When completing the fillable claim form, check the box (above item 1 on the form) to indicate that the claim amends a previoulsy filed claim. You can then enter the Court claim number and/or date of the previous claim.

At the time of filing my claim, I don't know the amount due. How do I enter "Unknown" in the amount for the claim?

In the amount box, enter: 00.00. Attach documentation to the claim explaining the reason the 00.00 was entered. Once you know the amount of the claim, file an amended claim.

How will I know the treatment of my claim by the Chapter 13 Trustee?

Check the website of the Chapter 13 Trustee assigned to the case or contact the Chapter 13 Trustee's office at 608-256-4320. To access the Chapter 13 Trustee website go to:

Can I include a separate address for payments?

Yes, check the box indicating that the Payment Address differs from Notice Address. An additional address field will appear for this alternative address.

Helpful Tips

  • Verify the debtor(s) name and case number prior to submitting the Proof of Claim. The fillable form will display the case number and Debtor's name at the top of the from. If you have entered the inccorect case number, simply use the 'Back' button to return to the first screen to enter the correct case number.

  • If you are a creditor's attorney filing the claim, be sure to indicate the appropriate payment address for the creditor. If a separate payment address is not entered, any funds will be sent to the creditor at the address shown on the claim form.

  • If you are amending a claim for any reason, be sure to check the 'Amends' box on the claim form.

  • Verify the amounts entered in Items 1, 4 & 5. The total amount claimed is required in Item 1. Do not use commas when entering an amount in any of the boxes in Items 1, 4 & 5.

  • If there is supporting documentation for your claim, select 'Yes' at the bottom of the form (before the signature line). After clicking on 'Submit Claim', you will be able to attach your documentation.

  • If you are entering zero for the amount owed because the amount is unknown at the time of filing the claim, be sure to use the 4 digits 00.00. The form will not accept any other combination. Attach the appropriate documentation to you claim to explain the zero amount.

  • If there is insufficient space in the blocks provided on the fillable claim form to enter information you wish to provide regarding the basis of your claim, plaeas attach that information as supporting documentation.



submit a claim