Amended Statement of Social Security Number
Last Updated: July 28, 2011

When the social security number is incorrectly reported to the Clerk's office or the non-filing spouse has not been added to the original form, an Amended Statement of Social Security Number is needed.  Official Form 21 may be used for this amendment.

Filing Requirements:

  • Amended Form 21 (local form to include non-debtor spouse information) - Statement of Social Security Number
  • Provide Notice of correct SSN and Proof of Service to all creditors.

To File Electronically:

  1. Log into CM/ECF.

  2. Select [Bankruptcy >  Miscellaneous].

    Note: This is a private entry.  Only court staff is able to view this document.

  3. Enter the case number (e.g, xx-xxxxx).

  4. Select [Amended Statement of Social Security Number] from the event list.

  5. Skip the Joint Filing screen.

  6. Select the party filer.

  7. Browse to select the Statement of Social Security Number (pdf file).

  8. Modify the text as appropriate.

  9. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click [Next] to submit your document(s).

    Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.

  10. Docket the Notice and Proof of Service





11 U.S.C.: 1007(f)