Statement of Social Security Number
Last Updated: March 11, 2011

All individual debtors must file (WITH THE PETITION) a Statement of Social Security Number.

Note: Debtor must provide information for non-filing spouse on this form.

See also: Amended Statement of Social Security Number

To File Electronically:

  1. Log into CM/ECF.

  2. Select [Bankruptcy >  Miscellaneous].

    Note: This is a private entry.  Only court staff is able to view this document.

  3. Enter the case number (e.g, xx-xxxxx).

  4. Select [Statement of Social Security Number] from the event list.

    When Form 21 is amended, select [Bankruptcy > Miscellaneous > Amended Statement of Social Security Number]. This event is set up with limited access so only court users will see the document. Notice and Proof of Service to all creditors is required.

  5. Skip the Joint Filing screen.

  6. Select the party filer.

  7. Browse to select the Statement of Social Security Number (pdf file).

  8. Modify the text as appropriate.

  9. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click [Next] to submit your document(s).

    Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.





    FRBP: 1007(f)