Objections to Motions/Applications
(main case)
Last Updated: February 21, 2014

To File Electronically:

  1. Log into CM/ECF.

  2. Select [Bankruptcy >  Answer (Invol)/Objections/Responses/Replies...].

  3. Select [Reference an Existing motion/application].

  4. Enter the case number (e.g, xx-xxxxx).

  5. Select [Objection] from the drop-down list.


    • If you are filing an objection to a Motion for Relief from Stay, select [Objection to Relief from Stay] from the drop-down list.

    •  If you are filing an objection to a Chapter 11/12/13 Plan,  select  [Objection to Confirmation of Plan] from the drop-down list.

    • If you are filing an objection to the Disclosure Statement, select [Objection to Disclosure Statement] from the drop-down list.

    • If you are filing an objection to an Application for Compensation/Professional Fees, select [Objection to Application for Compensation/Professional Fees] from the drop-down list.

  6. Skip the Joint Filing screen.

  7. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, click on Add/Create New Party.

    Note:  The Attorney/Party Association screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association.

  8. Browse to select the Objection (.pdf file).

    Note:  Any supporting documents and the Proof of Service may be added as attachments to this document.

  9. Refer to the Motion/Application.

    Note:  If you are objecting to a document other than a Motion or Application, refer to that document (e.g., Objection to Debtor's List of Exhibits).

  10. Modify the text as appropriate.

  11. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click [Next] to submit your document(s).

    Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.





    11 U.S.C.:


    Click here for hands-on training.