Request for Refund of Filing Fee
Last Updated: November 17, 2009

Filing Requirements:

  • Application for Refund of Filing Fee containing reason(s) for refund request.

To File Electronically:

  1. Log into CM/ECF.

  2. Select [Bankruptcy >  Motions/Applications].

  3. Enter the case number (e.g, xx-xxxxx).

  4. Select [Refund of Filing Fee] from the event list.

  5. Skip the Joint Filing screen if you are the only party filing this motion. If this is a joint filing, check the box.

  6. Select the party filer.

  7. Browse to select the application (.pdf file)
    Note: The attached pdf can be either in letter or motion format.

  8. Enter the amount of the requested refund. (e.g. $306.00)

  9. Refer to the event that created the filing fee (e.g. voluntary petition)

  10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click [Next] to submit your document(s).

    Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.