There are several ways to obtain copies of documents.
- Access documents electronically from PACER (Public Access to Court Electronic Records).
- Visit the clerk's office in Madison or Eau Claire:
- Sit down at our secure public PACER computers and print out the documents you wish. You will be charged $.10 per page printed.
- Request the Clerk to search and print out the documents while you wait. There is a search fee of $32.00 and $.50 per page printed.
- Send a written request or call the clerk's office to have the requested documents printed. There is a search fee of $32.00 and $.50 per page printed.
Payment must be made by a firm check, cashier's check, or money order. A personal check or credit card from a debtor will not be accepted. Cash is not accepted at the Eau Claire Office, and exact cash amounts are requested at the Madison Office.
For copies of documents in a case closed through 2003 (Eau Claire) or 2005 (Madison), refer to our Archived Case Information page.
|Copy Requests||$0.50 per page|
|Certification of a Document||$11.00 per certification|
|Retrieval of Case from National Archives||$64.00|
|Retrieval of Case from National Archives-additional boxes||$39.00|
|Registration of Judgment from Another District||$49.00|
|Transcript of Judgments||$21.00|
Retrieving Official Court Records
The docket report may still be viewed however, only ECF case participants may access the restricted documents via PACER. The affected documents also are available via mail; at the front desk; or through the public access terminals. Copy and search fees do apply. Please contact our helpdesk if you have additional questions.